Note - This is an English translation of the speech.
- From 21st June, International Yoga Day, everyone above the age of 18 will get free vaccines. The Indian government will buy 75% of the total produce and provide it to the states.
- Today 7 companies are producing vaccines. 3 vaccines are in phase III clinical trials. A new Nasal covid vaccine is also being researched upon in our country.
Our mission is to vaccinate every citizen and reach every citizen.
We started the Indradanush Mission (Rainbow Mission) and in just 5-6 years the vaccine coverage extended to 90% which was 60% before 2014.
- A section of the media also campaigned for decentralisation of vaccine procurement so addressing the demands, we transferred 25% of the workload to the states and the states have performed.
“Winners don’t give up in harsh conditions, instead they work hard and win”.
Private hospitals can charge at max ₹150 over the initial cost of the vaccine.
- We should remember that the pace of vaccination in India is far better than many developed nations. Our Covin App has been gathering positive light throughout the world and many countries want to use it.
“One dose of vaccine can save one life”.
- When Indian made vaccines were launched many conspiracy theories were floated to increase vaccine hesitancy. “You are playing with the life of innocent citizens”.
- Ease in restriction doesn’t mean Corona is gone. We need to be attentive and keep following safety protocols.
“I firmly believe we will win this fight against Corona. India will win this fight against Corona”.